$70,000 – $80,000 a year
- Field service: 5 years (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Field Service Technician will work in conjunction with the Service Manager ensuring our dealers and customers receive factory level training and support. In addition, this position will serve as product support role assisting customers and sales associates with in-depth technical and application needs. This is a very time demanding and fast paced position. Applicants must be goal oriented, self-motivated and able to travel internationally where needed. Applicants should expect up to 75% travel domestically / internationally (Canada & EU).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule and conduct service, maintenance and repairs to mobile rock crushing and mobile screening equipment.
- Conduct routine PM visits to customer owned and rental fleet equipment.
- Provide guidance with application solutions.
- Conduct on-site product training as required
- Conduct operator and service trainings as needed with dealers/customers
- Troubleshoot technical issues with dealers and customers via email, phone, and in person.
- Coordinate warranty repair procedures with dealers/customers
- Understand and carry out corporate processes for documentation and reporting
- Communicate daily activities with the Service Manager
- Report service bulletins/repairs to dealers and customers as needed
- Conduct regular visits to dealers
- Self-schedule day to day activities as requested
- Assist Sales Personnel as requested with on-site demonstrations and or application requirements
- 5 years minimum experience in the heavy equipment industry
- 3 years troubleshooting experience (Electric and Hydraulic)
- Ability to read and follow electrical & hydraulic schematics and diagrams
- Convey detailed technical and troubleshooting procedures in a respectful and professional manner
- Experience in the crushing and screening industry is a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical School education is a plus
- Driver’s License with clean record
- Applicant must hold a current passport
Other Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand machinery applications.
- Commercially astute.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Competitive salary $70,000 – $80,000 plus bonus, depending on experience
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Medical, vision, dental insurance
- A family-style work environment
- Company phone & laptop computer
- Thorough product training (requires travel, subject to Covid)
- International work environment